Thursday, May 13, 2010

April was amazing, May is going to be even better!

WOW, we had a busy and AMAZING month of April! How was yours? It consisted of beach days,Easter, Nicholas' 3rd birthday, bonfire party, daddy finishing their swing set, a friends wedding, Nicholas' first trip to the dentist, starting our garden and our compost and meeting their new little cousin Sophia! What a fun month we had!


Nicholas' 3rd birthday was great! It was also on Easter. So we woke up that morning with Easter baskets from the Easter bunny, then to his birthday party at the park where we had Ham sandwiches, bean salad etc., his gluten free cupcakes that I made! Gift bags for the guests that Nicholas helped to decorate the day before after we had colored the eggs with Olivia for the Easter egg hunt that we had at his party too! Nicholas also had his first dentist visit in April which Olivia went with us so she could watch. He did SO well! The Pediatric dentist are so cool. I don't think we ever had experiences like that when we were kids. He got to pick a toothbrush, stickers and even had a magic show at the end that the dentist put on himself! :o) We had a play date with Hailey at the beach one day and stopped for ice cream after....that was fun! Nicholas and Olivia always enjoy their play dates. They got to start enjoying their swing set that Ray finished building and the LOVE it! Olivia climbs it like crazy! She is our adventurous one that throws caution to the wind while Nicholas seems to be cautious about what he does before he does it. :o)They both love the swings and climbing up to their slide and pirate ship wheel! We will be adding things to it for them to play with as time goes on. Oh yes and we started composting and started our garden! It's so much fun to see the kids help plant the seeds and watch them grow, help water the plants and check them for bugs. Nicholas has become really into bugs. He walks around with his magnifying glass in search of them. Last, but not least they got to meet their new little cousin, Sophia that was born in April! They both got to hold her.


As for Ray and I, we had a small bonfire party one night so we could have some time to relax while the kids were asleep. They were out with us in the beginning roasting marshmallows and playing on their swing set. It was fun to have friends over. It had been a while since we have been able to do that. Ray is still losing weight. I believe he is down to a size 38 waist. He was a size 44 when he started to get into shape and eating healthy.I think he was a 36 or 38 when we started dating almost 9 years ago. I think he said his big goal is to get into a size 34. He gained most of the weight through both of my pregnancies. I'm proud of him for the accomplishments he's made. He is staying busy at work and I have a friend of mine from where I use to work that cleans banks and she needed to give up a couple days a week so I took on that to help bring in extra money. I've been doing it for a couple weeks now. It's not that bad. It's easy work really. I am going to be starting a new business soon and as soon as I get it up and running I will let everyone know what it is and the name of it....I'm SO excited about it! It's something that Ray thought of for me to do that is in the same area of business he's in(beauty). Our close family members already know what it is, but I'll fill everyone in and release the name as soon as everything is in order. It's been kind of overwhelming trying to think of everything I need to do to get started, but it's also been fun and will be an accomplishment for me when it's up and I'm actually doing it! :o) The IMMP group that I was in came to an end the last of April after three amazing months with other amazing women/mama's, but there will be another part to the journey that I'm looking forward to diving into after summer. :o)
Stay tuned....

*Don't forget to check out the pictures from April!

No comments: