Thursday, April 1, 2010

Spring is here.....Ahhhhh!!

YAY! We are so happy that the cold weather is finally gone,Spring is here and has brought his close friend Summer! We had an unsually cold Winter here in Florida this year. We've had a fun month and was able to get outside more and enjoy the nicer weather since the time change. This month we had a good friend's baby shower,my sisters birthday,Ray and I had our first date night in a really long time, St. Patricks Day, a day of shopping, outdoor fun, a visit to Uncle Chad's, the kids hanging out with their cousins and Nicholas helping me cook!


Since my last post we took Nicholas to visit a couple preschools. We picked one and think he will do well there! He is SO excited about starting that he talks about it all the time and when we pass by he says there is the school I am going to be going to. He's so cute. He has learned to recite the Pledge all by himself with no help too....AWESOME! I voice recorded it as well as took a video too. Ray and I have been watching the show "Jaime Oliver's Food Revolution" and we were shocked when the kids(kindergarten and 1st graders couldn't name any of the veggies when put in front of them. They couldn't use a fork and a knife either. We just couldn't believe it. Nicholas can use a fork and knife and knows the motions to cut something. He can also name almost every fruit and veggie there is!He loves to help us cook anything and everything. So of course we let him help, it makes it more enjoyable for me! He is only almost three and all these kids were at least 2 to 3 years older than him. Nicholas absolutely adores Olivia and LOVES playing with her. He always wants her to run around the house with him. He asks her all the time and if she ever doesn't want to he gets so upset :o(. Mostly she runs with him though. He's been going to bed a little better these days, thank God! We are going to be taking him to a firehouse where a friend of ours is a fireman so that he can see and get up on the fire truck. Ever since we got him the fire hat he talks about being a fireman all the time. He calls Olivia and I "fireman girls" when we have the hat on! Hilarious :o) His 3rd birthday is coming up this weekend....WOW I still can't believe he is 3 already, REALLY?! :o( He wanted to have a Lightening McQueen party again(he had one last year)at a different park so he can swing with his friends. That's what he told me when I would ask him what kind of party did he want this year. I'm going to make cupcakes this year instead of buying the cake. I always liked that my mom made my cakes so I'd like to start doing that for my children each year too. He may even want to help :o)


As for Olivia, she is definately spunky! She is so beautiful that I would just stare at her all day and night if I could. I finally got her off the paci. Kind of happened on accident, but not really. What happened is we went shopping one Saturday and she lost it in the store. Well, someone found it and I just took it and acted like we never found it!;o) I was planning on taking it that weekend anyway. So she and Ray thought it was gone. It took about 3 days and nights until she was fine and soothed herself without it. Let me tell you how nice it is without it! Also, she has been talking alot more since she "lost" it. Her and Nicholas both love to paint and play outside. So we try to do those things often! Once Olivia gets outside there is no getting her in and the same with Nicholas. I'm so glad that she enjoys the outdoors though, b/c we are outdoors most of the time. She is pretty much right by Nicholas' side where ever he goes. Which sometimes he likes and sometimes not. They both love to eat their snacks and lunch outside at their picnic table. Olivia loves strawberries and grapes. Well pretty much anything you give her she will eat, usually. Although there are times when all she does is throw her food on the floor piece by piece. I can't wait till she will get up at the counter and help me make dinner or bake along side Nicholas.


Ray's still super busy at work and losing weight. He's also building a swingset for the kids with the help of Uncle Keith and Uncle Chad. It's going to be awesome once it's finished!


I'm still enjoying yoga and the journey of the IMM Program and all that I'm learning. Excited about the direction my life is heading! Have enjoyed making all the awesome, amazing changes and still making them. Though little bits at a time, they will have a HUGE impact on my life and the lives of those around me! :o) An awesome group of women in the group also. I'm still working PT at BFMC, but I am looking into getting certified to be a yoga instructor on the side. Not only for the extra money, but to help others and to be able to do something that I enjoy! In the mean time I need to find something else to bring in extra money until I can get certified. I'm still purchasing household and health and beauty products through Melaleuca, if ANYONE is interested in it please let me know. I would love to be able to help you live a healthier lifestyle for yourself and our Earth! It's awesome stuff! From vitamins to household cleaners to makeup and face creams to bath soaps,lotions, toothpaste etc. All naturally derived products. If I didn't love it and use it for my family I wouldn't invite anyone else to try it, but I DO love it and hope you will let me know if you're interested!


Until my next post....Get OUTSIDE and ENJOY this AWESOME weather!! I know that's what we are going to be doing A LOT of! :o)


*Don't forget to stop by and check out the new pictures from March and the video at the bottom of this blog(It's Nicholas saying the pledge, but he got shy being on video so turn the volume up and you still have to really listen. Enjoy anyway)!


No comments: