Tuesday, March 2, 2010

A month FULL of transitions....

WOW! Are we really in March already? It has been an unusually cold winter for us here in Florida(the sunshine state?)! We are patiently(you'll see why I chose that word as you read further into the blog) awaiting the warmer weather and the vibrant colors of spring to arrive! I didn't realize how fast time goes when you have children. I wish I could slow it down a bit sometimes. Just because our babies have turned into toddlers SO fast! :o( Okay, so we had a Valentine celebration, a get together with a few old friends of mine with their kids and a few transitions in the month of February....Nicholas became FULLY potty trained, Olivia cut a few more teeth,is saying a few more words and learning more things daily, Ray lost a few more pounds and I'm finding my balance once again and learning some things about myself! We have all had a sense of accomplishment this past month and it feels AMAZING!

Nicholas became fully potty trained in just a few days. He only had one accident in his pull up in three days. So we decided to take him and let him pick out his own big boy underwear! He had so much fun with that! Since being in the big boy underwear he hasn't had one accident and EVEN sleeps through the night without wetting the bed! :o) We are SO proud of him. He doesn't even ask for candy or a sticker anymore after he goes(that was what we did to get him to want to go to the potty). At night, after his bath he loves to go and pick which pair he will wear to bed.He also likes to pick his own clothes to wear the next day when he gets up. Since being potty trained ALL he does is say how much he wants to go to school and learn and play with new friends! So Ray and I have an appt to take him to check out a couple of preschools and see which fits him best so that he can start once he's three! We are excited for him, a little scared and ALOT sad, b/c I can't believe he is already old enough to start preschool :o( Nicholas can identify all the letters in the alphabet and numbers 1-10 and with help a few more. He is such a little man....when he goes to the potty and wants to try and wait for it(#2) to come out he says "we just got to be patient(this is why I chose to use the word patiently in the beginning paragraph) mama". It's so cute. :o) Oh and we finally got Nicholas' Corvette that he got from his Aunt Billie and Uncle Mulchy fixed to where he could drive it! He was SO excited to be able to finally take it for a spin! He even picked up Olivia and took her for a ride and to our surprise she LOVED it....was laughing and having a great time.


Olivia is becoming ALOT more vocal each day. She also does a lot of her sign language(Nicholas still does his too). Still into playing with all his toys no matter what girly toys she has of her own :o) She has this new thing where she likes to sit on Nicholas when he's laying on the floor. She especially likes to sit on his head and laugh and it drives him crazy! It's SO funny. She had about 4 teeth coming in at the same time and they took forever to break through. She was SO miserable. All we could do was try and console her and numb her gums.....she got through it finally. Her and Nicholas are always wanting to do my yoga poses too. It's so cute if I say downward dog that BOTH know exactly what position to get in! LOVE it!! :o)

Ray has lost a few more pounds this month! He also started back at the gym, which he has been missing. He's still busy at work too! He got the boat 99% ready to go out on the water so that when the weather gets warmer we can take the kids to the island! YAY! We also bought Nicholas a fishing pole(yes a CARS one too, he picked it out) so that we can take him fishing.


I've been practicing yoga for the whole month of February and LOVING it! I Love the teachers,studio and the practice itself. I suggest if you have never taken a yoga class before to at least try one. Try a few different styles. It's a great way to keep your mind, body and soul healthy....absolutely! I've been trying to go even more organic/natural with more things in our home/food as we can. That is something that is important to me for our family. I'm loving the journey I'm taking through The Inner Mama Mastery Program too! That is how I came to make my vision board! What an awesome process that was. I'm working on another project through the program now about Values. Listing your values and then putting them in order of importance to you. Then how to use these to make decisions in your life no matter how small or big the decisions are. It allows you to "live by your values so that you will float through your life with clarity and a firm foundation(Jenny)." Something that I hope we also teach Nicholas and Olivia to do! I'm also going to be learning how to manage my energy, not time. Both,something I could really use! I'm looking forward to living a life that I'm completely in love with.


Until my next blog....something to think about....Are you living a life that you're in love with?

Our love to you all! Dont' forget to check out the new pictures from this past month (February).....ENJOY! :o)

No comments: