Well, we are already going into the third month of 2009 already. Time is just flying by.....it needs to slow down a bit! Our kids are growing up way too fast. Olivia turned 5 months this month and Nicholas will be two already in April. I try and soak up every moment that I can so that I will have tons of great memories to cherish and look back on one day. I hope that we will give our kids great memories for them to look back on also.
Let's see....this month we started trying to feed Olivia cereal. She didn't like it too much. So I waited a few more weeks and tried again tonight and she was a little better. I'm going to try the fruit and see if she will like that better. I'm sure she will. We had a sleepover with Madison one night when both her parents were out of town on business. Her and Nicholas had fun playing and taking a bath together.
Ray started the project of getting the garage and the shed cleaned out and organized so I can park in the garage with the help of my brother a couple weekends ago. That Sunday we went to lunch and then to get the shelving we needed and they got started on it with plans to finish it the next day (Monday) when I got home from work. Well, Monday at 1am Nicholas woke up throwing up and was VERY ill. Needless to say Ray is off on Mondays so he stayed with the kids while I went to work(have to save my time for when Ray isn't off and I have to stay home) and that was the end of the project for then. Nicholas ended up having Rotavirus and we had to take him to the ER twice for fluids and I had to stay home with him twice. It was horrible. Finally Nicholas started feeling better on that Friday and that's when I started feeling sick.....yep, I had contracted the Rotavirus too..YUCK!!! So Ray took the kids to moms Sat and left me home alone to fend it off, then when he got home he took me to moms to stay the night and the whole next day and brought the kids home so we wouldn't reinfect. Needless to say I stayed home that Monday too. With me losing all my fluids I ended up losing my breast milk. I continued to pump anyway with hopes my milk wouldn't dry up and that eventually when I got better and started eating all my calories again and taking in fluids normally that it would come back. In the mean time we fed Olivia formula, b/c we went through all the milk I had frozen. So as of today, my milk has come back and I am able to keep breast feeding her! Yeah!!! I'm pumping to get my supply back up in the freezer. I was so sad of the thought that I might have to stop breast feeding her before I was ready to.
Thankfully Olivia and Ray didn't come down with Rotavirus. Nicholas and I are over it and feeling much, much better! I would rather have the flu 100 times than to have the rotavirus.
Since we have been feeling better Olivia has rolled over from her back to her tummy! She is so much more alert these days and very in tune to everything her big brother is doing!
Nicholas is saying so many more words every day. He is repeating everything also :o) When we go outside he points and calls things by name and/or the noise they make. It's so amazing to see the world through him! He's such a boy and I love it! He just loves the movie Cars still and now he likes the Iceage Robots. He calls it"BOTS" when he wants to watch it!!
Check out the two videos of the kids. One is Olivia chatting me up and one is Nicholas at Auntee Trisha's house with her dogs. Don't forget to check out the Feb pics too. Take care and be well!


























































No comments:
Post a Comment