Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Spring is in the air!

Hi everyone! Well spring is finally here...YAY!! Lets see, where do I start? It's been a busy month....it's always busy around here though :o) We tried to feed Olivia this month again, but she is not liking the cereal,carrots or even the banannas! She is at a healthy weight and looks great, so I'm not too worried about it. We figure, when she is ready she will eat. I'll talk to the doc next time we go which is just in a couple weeks I believe.
Bike week came and went. Cousin Rusty came down for it with all his bikes and got to meet Olivia and see Nicholas again and hang out with him. Nicholas loved all the motorcycles that Papa had in his garage of his and Rusty's so much that he just had to sit on each and every one of them! Olivia even had to join in and sit on one of them too. :o)
Nicholas is still really into the movie CARS and loves Lightening McQueen (the red car). Walmart had a hat so I had to go get it for him and he wears it ALOT! We were also there this weekend and he picked up a little CARS sheet set and carried it from the baby aisle ALL the way accross Walmart to the Pharmacy and then to the checkout line. As he was, Ray and I asked him a few times if he wanted us to carry it or if he wanted to put it in the cart, but he said"no, I carry" each time we asked. He wasn't leaving the store without it. We usually try to not let him get something every time we go to the store so he knows he doesn't always get stuff he wants just b/c he wants it. This time since it is going to be his birthday and he carried it ALL that way we went ahead and got it for him. We are wrapping it up to give him on his birthday though.
He has a playdate almost every Friday with his friend Addison(Addy he calls her). Nana watches her and they come over after naptime to play until her mom comes to get her! They have so much fun together and it's so fun to watch them play.
We made a few visits to the salon to see daddy this month. We rarely get to stop by, b/c Nicholas and Olivia usually fall asleep on our way home from me picking them up from Nana's. Olivia is holding her head up really well and rolling over. She also said "dada" first time this morning! So of course I had to write that in her book as I did with Nicholas. Olivia also had her first Professional pictures taken by my sister in law. I have posted a few of the ones she sent us to hold us over till she gets us the rest. I will post those when I get them. Nicholas asks to hold his sister sometimes too. It's so cute. We get him on the couch and he holds her, looks at her and kisses her....he's such a sweet lil boy! We also went to visit Aunt Lissa one Saturday and went for a walk around the lake in her neighborhood.
Nicholas experienced feeding the birds at the park on the river too. WOW, was that awesome! He was so amazed and was yelling at the birds with such excitement :o) He would throw bread and when the bird came to get it he would jump back a bit and laugh and squeal. One weekend we helped daddy in the yard, put together some furniture from Ikea that we got and took our cars to get serviced at Toyota(got a loaner car so we didn't have to sit around, I got a pic of them in the loaner. It was a hybrid car that ran mostly on the electric not gas. It was kinda cool to drive. ) We got Olivia's crib, a bookshelf/roomdivider and a dinningroom table and chairs. Nicholas started climbing on Olivia's crib almost as soon as it was up. He climbs up in the chairs at the table now too. Next time I'll have pictures of our new furniture...we love it! This time there are some of the crib.
I started scrapbooking and LOVE it! It's so much more fun than just sticking your pics in an album. It alows me to be creative! I also started the gym. I'm on week 3 this week. I feel better and am determined to get back into my prebaby jeans! I go Tues thru Fri(take the weekends off to hang with them family and relax! Ray has lost 37 lbs since his start to lose weight about 11 wks ago. He's also gone down a couple of sizes and feels better too.
Okay so I saved the best for last....Nicholas went peepee on the potty for the first time this month!! It was so exciting! We did the peepee on the potty song and dance, high fived Nicholas, he flushed, we hugged and kissed him and gave him a cookie. He has been asking to go on the potty for a while and he still does so we sit him on it even if he doesn't pee. We hadn't been too strict on it just yet. We will get more a little after he turns 2 though, which is this Saturday! We are throwing him a CARS party at a new park. His Nona(Ray's mom) is coming down from Ohio to spend some time with the four of us. She hasn't met Olivia yet. So we are looking forward to spending some quality time with her Friday and Saturday once the party is all done and Sunday. She is only here for a short time so we have to make it count since she doesn't get to see us often. I know she is looking forward to spending as much time with the kids as possible and we are excited about it! It will be nice to visit with her. Well, enjoy the pictures from this month and the videos I attach. Until next month, take care and be well! And Happy Easter!

No comments: