Wednesday, October 1, 2008

The arrival of Olivia Lee Catheline

Well, our baby girl arrived just a few hours earlier than our scheduled C-section. My water broke the night before at 10:45 while Ray was loading up the car with our things to take to the hospital. My contractions started when we were only a few minutes from the hospital and they were 5 mins apart and very painful! I was being wheeled up to our delivery room a little before midnight. I was 7 cm when I arrived and was progressing right along. They called the Dr. and he said I could go ahead with natural childbirth instead of the C-section. I was so happy, because I always wanted to experience it that way and wanted Ray to experience it with me and be able to watch and cut the cord. I never thought I would get to and it happened for us. At the same time I was terrified, b/c we took lamaze class when I was pregnant with Nicholas and I didn't really remember what to do. I was prepared for a C-section. So Ray helped me through the contractions and WOW they were painful!! I never experienced them too bad with Nicholas, b/c they broke my water and then I went to C-section, b/c I wasn't progressing. I was having back labor the whole time. Then they had to put me on my side to turn her to come out facing down. So about 3 hours later baby girl arrived at 3:10am with a head full of dark hair. I had no drugs to help with the pain, because I always said if I got to have a child that way I wanted to fully experience it and I'm very glad that I did. But WOW that was the most painful and hardest thing I've EVER done. I fill completely fulfilled now that I got to experience child birth that way. About a couple hours later Ray and I decided on her beautiful name: Olivia Lee Catheline! We had to have a name before Nicholas came to meet her for the first time. Yes, I know I wanted Chloe or Capri and maybe even Nicole. Although, when she came into this world and they laid her on me with that dark hair she just didn't look like a Chloe or a Capri to me. So Ray and I had Olivia and Nicole and so I picked Olivia and he was happy with it too!
Nicholas started walking around so much better before we went to have her and while Nana was here with him while we were in the hospital he got even better. By the time we arrived home he was walking all over the place and SO well! He just loves his sister too. He always goes to her and kisses and hugs her. He looks out for her too. And it's so funny, but he always takes her socks off!! It's so funny :o)
So we are all home and very happy and VERY busy with two kids in the house. Life is wonderful! :o)


No comments: