Saturday, November 1, 2008

Fall is in the air

Well, it's finally feeling like Fall here in FL.! Olivia turned one month old this month. It's been nice enough weather where I've been able to get out and enjoy the outdoors with them while Iv'e been on leave. Although to get out with a toddler and a newborn is a little rough to do alone so we get out more when Ray is with us! We still send Nicholas to moms, but just two days a week so he can have playtime with his cousin whom is only about 6 months younger than he is and so I can have some bonding time with Olivia. I go back to work in a week....it went by REALLY fast this time. I'm blessed that I only have to go back part time though! So I will be with my babies by lunch time each day. Sure beats the 40 hour weeks I had to do after I had Nicholas. Nicholas loves his sister so much. He is so sweet with her. Every morning he has to give her kisses. When she's crying he goes and checks on her. He's a great big brother. He's a good little boy.

Olivia isn't sleeping through the night yet like Nicholas did, but we are hoping that will come soon. She was waking every 2 hours during the night. The past few nights though she's only been waking up at 3am and again about 6am. So once she starts sleeping through the 3am will be REALLY nice :o) I'm nursing her and she's doing really well with it! At the dr last week she was 9lbs 2 oz. so my milk is serving her well.....that makes me very happy!!Other than that really the only time she cries is when she's hungry or her diaper is dirty. All in all we have all adjusted well. Though when I go back to work Ray is going to have to get two babies ready and himself before he goes to work, b/c I'm already gone by 630. He's getting a little nervous about that, but he will be fine. We adjusted once Nicholas came along and we will have to make adjustments now for Olivia.
Anyway, this month we had his cousin Austins 1st birthday party we went to, Nicholas and Austin took a bath together at Nanas, his twin cousins Ashley and Kaseys birthday and Halloween. He was so cute on Halloween! We pushed him in the stroller for a while, then he got out and walked for a little while. It wasn't too long though and he wanted back in the stroller. He was pretty tired from all the trick or treating! He went as Frankenstein. No matter how tired he was though he wouldn't let go of his bucket of candy :o) It was too cute. He definately found out what chocolate was! :o) Next year will be even more fun, b/c we will have them both walking around and dressed up. We did put Olivia in a black cat onesie, so that was her costume. She slept almost the whole time until we got to the end. Then she was ready to eat. Well, I have one more week off. I'm sure we will have to change our lives again once that happens too. We will see how it all works out. Ray will be fine in the mornings I believe and I'll just have two instead of one to pick up from Nanas and get home for play, nap, snack and then dinner and baths. Life is wonderful!! Next month will be Olivias first Thanksgiving. We all have so much to be thankful for. Oh and her room is done except for the blinds, shelves and her crib(she's sleeping in our room for the first few months) we will try to get the blinds up and then I'll take pics of the room. We aren't getting the crib till a little later and the shelves will go up sometime soon too. At least once the blinds are up you can see what the room looks like. My friend Trish made the curtains,covered the chair and the lampshade. Once we get the crib we are going to make pillows and the bedskirt(Those will be made with the patterns already in the room and then polka dots also. I'll try and upload the pics as soon as the blinds go up instead of waiting till the end of the month. Take care and be well everyone.Until next month....Enjoy!


No comments: