Hi to all of our family and friends everywhere! The past month was full of lots of activities and fun! Nicholas had quite a few play dates with his friends Addison, Fiona and Logan and his cousins Briana and Austin. Their Uncle Dick and Aunt Jolynn came down from Arizona and got to meet them! We are suppose to be meeting Rays cousins from Arizona for the first time and their kids in June too! We are looking forward to that also.
Nicholas and Olivia had some pool and park time. We also took a little mini vacay just to Daytona for the weekend to get away from the house. It was for mothers day and our 3 yr wedding anniversary! We took the kids to Daytona Lagoon and the Ocean walk for dinner and a walk along the boardwalk and the pier. Nicholas didn't like the water park so much. Might have to try it again next year. We did get him to go down one slide one time with each of us. He clinged onto us though and didn't want to walk around alone at all. Went in the lazy river and he didn't like that so we had to get out. We ended up leaving the park before we thought we would, b/c we were there for him to have fun and he wasn't. We did some night swimming at the hotel pool while watching Shrek on the big outdoor movie screen. We just did ALOT of relaxing outdoors with us as a family! It was REALLY nice to be away from everything just the four of us. Nicholas was doing well with the potty training until we got back from our mini vacay. He hasn't been going to the potty a lot for us. We since went back to pull ups instead of the padded training pants. He wasn't caring that he was wet in them. W e figured we would lax off him a little and then pick up again when he's a little older. Maybe he isn't ready. He does ask to go still at times and at Nana's during the day he does really well with going on the potty and keeping his pullups dry. He will when he is ready.
We started our organic patio garden this month also, as well as planted some flowers in the front of the house and some plants in the back flower bed. We started it one evening after we put Olivia to bed. We took Nicholas out on the front porch with us. It was going to storm that night so we wanted to get them planted before so they would get plenty of water. Little did we know it would rain for about 5 or 6 days straight after that!! It was about 8pm and we were out there till about 10 pm without realizing the time. When we got in we got him bathed and put to bed :o) Nicholas helped us plant the flowers and he even planted some seeds for our organic garden(I have included a little picture of it...we plan to eventually have one in the back yard). He enjoyed helping us so much. He loved being in the dirt. It started to thunder and rain a little toward the end. While Nicholas was helping us he started to fart. One time when he did I asked him if he was "farting up a storm?" He proceeded to say"Daddy, I fart a storm!" It was so funny....he had us both cracking up laughing so hard on the front porch! Oh the memories we are going to have with the two awesome kids we have. We have been watching our garden grow. No veggies have come up yet, but the plants are getting bigger so any day now I'm sure. :o) Nicholas enjoys watering them all and watching them.
Olivia is progressing right along also. She has been sleeping through the night for a couple months now I believe. She goes to bed when Nichoals does between 8-9 and sleeps till about 545am and Nicholas sleeps till about 7 or 8 am. Olivia naps at 10am for about 45 mins and again after lunch for about an hour. Nicholas is still napping after lunch for a couple hours. She started sitting up all by herself on Mothers day! She is trying so hard to crawl. She watches Nicholas all the time and just wants to go after him and start playing with him! She always wants to stand when you go to put her down she straightens her legs(we call her starfish when she does this) and will stand holding onto the couch or a sturdy toy. I'm hoping she walks before she is 18 months old like Nicholas.....every baby is different though. She is definately different than Nicholas :o) They both are amazing! She is eating stage 2 baby foods, but is ALWAYS reaching for ours like she would eat what was on our plate. Nicholas is a good eater too. I can't believe that just in 4 short months our little sugar plum is going to be 1 yr already!! Olivia is still thriving on my breast milk also. So we are happy about that.....I'm going to miss that also. My plan is to continue until she is 1! I'm going to miss the baby stage once she's out of it. I will never experience it again. I'm so incrediblly blessed that I got to twice though :o) We finished Olivia's room.....finally. Well, almost....I still have the pillows and bedskirt to make from the fabric I bought with my friend Trisha. With two kids it's a lot harder to find the time to do the extras.
I'm still doing my scrapbooking and enjoying it a lot! It's something that I can do so my kids have something to look back on their life growing up! Hope everyone is enjoying life as much as we are!! Stop and smell the daisies....life goes by entirely too fast not to.
Until next month...enjoy the pictures and the video :o)


























































No comments:
Post a Comment